Integrated Management System IMS Policy
Environmental ISO 14001:2015 and Quality ISO 9001:2015
At UNACEM Ecuador S.A., the preferred company in the construction industry, we work with the outmost respect for the welfare of future generations and the environment; we comply with all the laws and apply the principles of sustainable development.
We are committed to deliver products of the highest quality and to provide sound technical advice to our clients, preserving nature and minimizing the more significant environmental impacts of our activities, products and services, therefore contributing to climate change mitigation.
To achieve this, our goal is to work on the development of our people, responsible resource management, operational excellence, continual improvement of the Integrated Management System and feedback from our stakeholders, the goals set in our strategic planning MGG-001-R5 Version 5.
Scope and General Objectives in the IMS
UNACEM Ecuador’s Integrated Management System IMS –Environment and Quality- is applied to cement production and marketing, from the reception of raw materials to the delivery and dispatch of the end product to the client, based on the processes map, in Quito headquarters as well as in Otavalo. It applies all the requirements of ISO/IEC 9001 and 14001, including the contexts and the interested parties defined as documentary information.
It covers compliance with the environmental agreements between UNACEM and the communities in the influence zone, to the employees that work in and for UNACEM including suppliers of goods and services, complimentary activities, visitors and other natural and/or legal persons under UNACEM’s authority and capacity.
- Contributing to the mitigation of the effects of climate change.
- Reducing environmental emissions.
- Using resources efficiently promoting Operational Excellence.
- Improving the satisfaction of our customers in regards to our products and services.
- Aligning the Integrated Management System with the Strategic Management of the Organization.
- Developing the competences of our collaborators promoting the compliance of our products and services.
- Improving continually the Integrated Management System.